Monday 5 September 2011

Light At The End Of The Tunnell

Today Jinx has been baking for 34 weeks and 5 days. He is approximately 2.155kg's, and is 45.1 cm's (or the size of an average cantaloupe - although I would easily compare him to a over-sized watermelon right about now!)We have a mere 38 days until his due date.

We have brought the car seats, the cot, the pram, the rocker, the change table, the cot linen, packed the hospital bag, had the baby shower, and have almost decided on a name for our little man, - it is now down to two. In most cases, we are ready for him to make his entrance into the world at any time now.

I go on maternity leave next week - FINALLY!! I think my partner is starting to worry a little bit more, as a simple phone call to warn him about police sitting up the road resulted in him thinking I might have gone into early labour. God help him if I do when he is at work!! I think the fact of not being able to check on me whenever he likes at work (did I mention that we work together?) is starting to freak him out slightly.

Master Bumblebee is getting more and more excited by the day about baby Jinx being born. Everyday he asks how many days until he is here and how many days it is until he is a big brother. I somehow don't think he understands that he will get the same answer to both of these questions!

Instead of seeing little bulges in my stomach when he kicks or moves now, my belly now resembles the waves in the ocean, where one simple kick can make my whole stomach move! It is kind of insane to watch actually!

We have recently had our 4D Ultrasound too. OH-MY-GOD!! It was amazing!!!! It really makes me wish that I had of gotten one when I was pregnant with Master Bumblebee! It was worth every cent we paid to have it!!! The little dude, looks like his dad, I swear!!! I'm not the only one who can see it!!! He is perfect, we could even count how many fingers he has on each hand as well! It was one of the most incredible experiences yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment