Thursday 2 February 2012

How Time Flies

Well, well, well. A considerable amount of time has passed since my last post. And with that, comes a whole lot of events. Firstly I will start with being reunited with an old friend of mine. I have known this girl since 2000. We were the best of friends and shared so rather happy times together. Lets fast forward to the year 2008. At the time I was not with my partner, but if you must, the biggest waste of my life so far haha. We were both out of work and things were tough. Unfortunately, due to the difficult circumstances that arose from that time of my life, it caused me to behave in a way that is totally out of character. Hence that, I did something pretty stupid, and the repercussion of that was loosing a good friend. After having the scare we did with the birth of our son in October , and having my partner explain to me that having pre-eclampsia is very dangerous to not only my baby, but myself, and that I could have in fact died should it have been left untreated has put a very different view on my past. Lucky for me, and this shows the true character of this young lady, she was able to put that in the past, and move on with live, and our friendship.

Moving on. Another big milestone that has happened since my last blog, we FINALLY moved into our house!! The thought of not living with my partner's family, was a very strange feeling. We had been there for just over 7 months, and we were almost completely comfortable there (if only we had a bathroom and toilet in our dwelling!). We moved into our first house as a family of 4 on December 23rd. Although we moved into a house that only had electricity and water (yes, no gas means no working oven, cook top OR hot water) it was the space and quiet that we needed. We have since been able to get both of the kids into a proper routine regarding bed time etc, and with much delight our bubba has been sleeping through the night almost every night since we've been here. YAY!!

Two days after our move, we celebrated our bubba's first Christmas. He is still waay to young to understand what Christmas is all about, but lucky for him, he has a big brother to fill him in on all there is to know, including how to open all the presents in the shortest amount of time possible. Both of the boys were spoilt and it was really good to have our first Christmas as a family, in our own home. We visited my partner's grandparent's for Christmas lunch, with his mum's family, and the headed off to Melbourne to spend a couple of hours with my parents. It was a hectic day, but it was also the best Christmas I have had in years. We then continued our Christmas holiday, by spending Boxing day with my partner's dad and his family.

We had a visit from my partner's sister, who is currently living and studying in LA at the Stella Adler Acting Academy. This was her first visit home since bubba was born, so you can imagine how exciting and emotional it was for her to meet him for the first time. There was an instant bond between the pair, I swear!!! The 2 weeks she was home, went way too quick, and I cannot wait until she is home next!

I also rekindled another friendship, one that also makes me very angry at myself that I let this nonsense go on for so long. The best friend I have ever had in my life. Also, more proof that if you act like a wank, and take your friendships for granted, you will loose them. This girl was like my sister, which is my I am so angry at myself for letting us go almost 3 years without speaking, all over something I said to someone else. We are now friends again and I couldn't be happier.

My partner has had a birthday since my last post. He is now 25, and if you ask him, he is getting old. Sorry babe, but your not!!! I wouldn't care if he had turned 25, 25 years ago! I would still adore him!

Master Bumblebee has lost another tooth, giving us the total of 3 so far! I swear he is pulling them out himself to cash in on the tooth fairy!!! We also celebrated Master Bumblebee's 6th birthday, two days ago! We had a party for him with his school friends at the Mini Golf Center. It was a great party, although it would have been nice if it was a little bit cooler outside!

So, as you can see we have had a pretty busy couple of months over the Christmas/New Year period. With Master Bumblebee returning to school on Monday, and me returning to work on the 13th, I can tell it's only going to get busier!

No comments:

Post a Comment