Wednesday 20 July 2011

Hospital Bags

Today Jinx has been baking for a total of 27 Weeks and 7 Days according to the iPhone Baby Bump App. 85 days left to go until 13/10/2011. He is currently 36.8cm's (or the size of a cauliflower) from crown to rump and weigh's 0.907kg's.

It came to my attention the other day, that I may need a bag packed for when I do go into labour with all the essential's of the hospital stay and supplies for Jinx. I had not even given this one thought until then, although being 2 weeks off 30 weeks. If things were to go the way we haven't planned, realistically speaking, Jinx could be born any day from now until his due date. If I was to go into labour tomorrow, I would be royally screwed, as I do not even have a nappy or bunny rug for the unborn!!! My partner looked somewhat shocked when I told him that I had only just realized that I may need this and has told me to basically get my s#&t together and get this organised before the 30 week mark! I think he may be right! Apparently he has been thinking about this for weeks! Pregnant brain much?

We now have our cot and our change table, and I think it may be a good idea for us to maybe attempt to put it together now so that we have some time to actually rethink how to do it if we fail at life LOL. Car seats are nearly ready to pick up, the only big things we really have left to get are a pram, baby bath and drawer's for his clothes. Then it's just a matter of getting all the little fun things like a mobile, baby supplies, blankets etc.

It's pretty funny that you can still get clucky when you are pregnant. Instead of seeing pregnant people everywhere, all I see now are people with their little babies everywhere. Every time I see a little person, it makes me want my little man even more and more!!!! Ahhhh!!! I don't think the next 85 days can come quick enough, I really don't!

Funny thing, on the way home from work tonight we seen a car with the personalized plates that say 'JINX13'. Maybe that's a sign that he will come on his due date, being the 13th, or maybe my partner and I are massive freaks? You tell me!

Antenatal clinic and midwifes clinic next week, and then an appointment with the GP the week after. I don't think I will survive the next two weeks without being bullied about the dreaded glucose test!!! Yuck, the thought of it makes me feel sick. For those of you that do not know what this is, you are lucky!! But just in case you are curious, the pregnancy glucose test to check for gestational diabetes consists of the lucky pregnant person (as if we aren't poked, prodded enough or haven't had enough tests by this stage) having to fast for 2 hours, then presenting at either the office of your GP or the Maternity department of your hospital, only to sit there for a further hour or so (that's if your unlucky enough to deal with Ballarat Health Services - like me, time to consider private health insurance I think) only to be made to drink the most sickly, disgusting substance ever made. They then proceed to poke and prod you with things, and extract your blood for the purpose of telling you what your blood glucose levels are. I, for one, think I should be able to object to this test!! I have a partner with Type 1 Diabetes and any chance he gets to inflict pain on my little, sensitive finger's by stabbing me with his stabby thing and checking my levels, he will take!!! The last three I have had have all been at a normal level, so this further poking, prodding and stabbing is not required!!! I would sooner allow my partner the pleasure of stabbing me weekly for the next 12 weeks then to drink that horrible crap they call liquid!

On that note (and also more to the fact that my partner has 'coincidentally' sat himself next to me to spy on what I'm writing) I will leave it there!!! Think I might go hide in a hot shower for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment